Calling for abstracts of Poster Session presentation
- A poster session will be organized during the 2020 International Telling Live Lessons from Disasters (see program page) on January 26 (morning), 2020. Abstracts of contributions are called for. Any contributions regarding preserving and passing-on the memories / experience of natural disasters in line with the Forum’s purposes, its overarching theme and sub-themes are welcome.
- Those who wish to participate in this Poster Session are requested to submit an abstract to the Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) by September 15, 2019 (download submission template (9/9 revised)), either in English (approximately 400 words) or Japanese (approximately 1,000 characters). Bilingual submission would be much welcome. Please provide the information of your affiliation, short-bio, telephone number and other contact details. The submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Secretariat; and admission or otherwise is planned to be informed by the end of September.
- When admitted, as per the purpose of the funding of The Japan Foundation, for the participants from ASEAN countries, the cost of travel and accommodation (2 nights) will be borne by the Secretariat. For the participants from other countries, due to possible funding constraint, some of the participants may kindly be requested to consider participation at their own expense. It would be much appreciated if possibility of self-financed participation is notified at the time of submission.
- Posters are planned to be in A2 size (420×594mm). Language shall be either in English or Japanese. Bilingual presentation will be welcome. Electronic data of the posters will be requested; and the Secretariat will print and exhibit those in the venue. Details of the electronic data format, time slot of short presentation, etc. will be informed separately when admission is informed.
- The posters will be uploaded to TeLL-Net website in principle. Please be careful not to violate the copyright of others.
Breakout Sessions and publication
- The participants of the poster sessions will be requested to participate in the breakout sessions as well and to provide inputs to the discussions therein under the chairmanship of the Session Chairs.
- The outcome of this Forum is planned to be published in December 2020 in English and Japanese. The presentations of the poster session and your contributions to the breakout sessions will all be valuable input to the publication.
Travel arrangement, visa, etc.
- Details of the arrangement of the travels for which the cost is borne by the Secretariat will be informed separately when admission is informed.
- Participants will be requested to obtain necessary visas on their own. Official invitation document from the Chairman of the Implementing Committee of the Forum will be provided when admission is informed.